Saturday, August 15, 2009

5K race...this marathon training is screwing up my 5K's

Yes, you heard me. The marathon training is slowing my 5K's down. I ran a 5K this morning in Salem....what's that? Why would I get up at 4:30am to do a 5K? Well, because a friend of mine was running her first 5K today and I wanted to support her. That's why. Now back to the LSD is screwing up my speed! OK, well not speed yet. But soon I will be finding my speed. I think it's in the closet with my cute shoes...hiding. Maybe they'll come out next year. Maybe that's when I'll finally see sub 7 min pace on my 5K's. I know it's in me...waiting to come out. Like a tiger ready to pounce....what? You don't buy that? How about like a cheetah ready to.....No you don't buy that either? OK, try this on for size. Like a three toed sloth about to well...uh sloth's don't really do much of anything. So yeah that's me. My pace is just hanging...upside down...on a tree branch...doing...well, nothing.


I ran a good and bad race. Good that I still pulled out a 24:10 5K, a 7:47 pace. Bad because I should be at a 7:15 by now. I know how can I gain speed if I don't have speedwork? I can't. I need some discipline to make that happen. I wish I didn't agree to do the Marathon, I'm so worried about the distance that I am neglecting my speedwork. Ah nuts. Well, only 7 more weeks until my Marathon.

But in the mean time, back at the bat cave, Hood to Coast. Two weeks, until 3 runs in 24 hours and no sleep. I can totally do that. I don't sleep as it is. At least I'll look cute in my Skirt Sport's outfits. Stay tuned for more info on the Skirt Sports and a Skirt Chaser 5K race in the Portland area. Oh yeah baby, it's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment