Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heat...I'm in heat...

Not that kind of heat. The "it's too stinking hot" to run heat. Well, too hot for a North westerner. I did run last night. I was supposed to do 12 miles at 8:50 pace. But instead I did 8 miles at 8:45 pace, well 7 miles at 8:45 pace the last mile was sad. I mean, I walked/jogged the last mile. I had water with me I drank some before I ran, it was just too hot. I have noticed that when I have a crappy run the self doubt creeps in. No, not creep...slap me in the face and kick me when I'm down..kind of self doubt.

I've been complaining that my times have slowed and as my husband loves to point out, you can't have both distance and speed. Well, that's all he had to say to make me want to prove him wrong. Hills here I come.

In the interest of trying to balance kids, homeschooling said kids, cleaning, being master scheduler, financial officer of the household finances (what finances?), and wife....I have created a new schedule of running. Monday tempo run, Wednesday hills and track, Friday interval runs, and Saturday LSD. Maybe an occasional Sunday run with hubby as a recovery run. Monday and hopefully Wednesday's arm and upper body workout in the House of Pain. Tuesday and Thursday complete rest days. Let's see how long I can stick to this plan???

Stop laughing at me, I know I'm all over the place. I can't stand that my 5K times are so slow. I refuse to run the marathon if I can't hold a 9 min pace the whole way.

On another note, Hood to Coast is next weekend. I am excited. I was in Van 1 which was going to be a blast, but a friend that is in Van 2 only wanted to run H2C because I was running it. I didn't know that. It will still be fun in Van 2, I know 2 people in that van. In Van 1 I know 4 of the people and was looking forward to hanging out with them. I guess now I get to look at it as getting to know 4 new people. I did love my leg in Van 1, it was going to be easy. In Van 2 I have a harder leg. I felt up to it last week, but after last night's run I am doubting my endurance. We will see what happens at H2C. My goal hold 8min pace the whole time.

Our home school motto seems fitting to me this week. Usus magister est optimus.(Experience is the best teacher!)

No comments:

Post a Comment