Friday, August 21, 2009

I've redemed myself!

Hubby and I had our "date" run today. My schedule called for a 10 mile run. I entered my run with much trepidation. I was in a funk from my previous run on Tuesday which resulted in a measly 8 miles instead of 12 at a slow pace, but I digress.

It was nice and cool out at the start of our run, a welcome change to be sure. Mile one I had the brakes on the whole time trying to run an even pace for once. My schedule was calling for an 8:50 pace for 10 miles.
Mile 1-9:02 2-9:00 3-8:44 4-8:48 5-8:50 6-8:42 7-8:37 8-8:40 9-8:23 10-8:00
It was a busy day on the trail which is only 3 miles long and if you loop it you get 6 miles. So it was a lot of back and forth along the trail, but at least we didn't have to stop at the lights. Sure we had to slow down to get around this family out biking with their kids, we passed them no less than 4 times. Hence the slowing on some of the miles. But it felt great. I ended this 10 miler finally feeling like I could easily do 5 more miles at the same pace, normally I slow way down at the end of a long run. Progress, finally.

The clothes review:

The best sports bra on earth. Well at least for a small chested gal like me. The handful bra quite simply rocks! I have traded out my normal bras and only wear my handful bra's. They have 'anti-headlight' pads in them, which have a two fold effect of enhancing my bust size appearance. Hey, this is important stuff. I have never had any chaffing from this bra. I currently have 4 and must go get more. I wish they made a tank top style bra. Maybe I need to call and beg them to make one for us stretch mark challenged runners. Check them out and tell them I sent you!
http://www.handfulinc.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=HOME

Tomorrow a 20 mile run is instore, but for this one I will run it by myself. I am going to start at a 10 min pace and after 10 miles drop the pace down if I feel up to it. Ideally I'd like to end my run at an 8:30 pace. Then after my 20 miler I will be pacing my peeps at Get Fit Live Fit. I love this group of people, very motivating and encouraging. And let's face it they get results. My first race 12:09 pace on a 5K one year ago, my PR 5K is 7:24. Not bad in one year's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment