Friday, March 5, 2010

Gasp! *Gasp*! Hack, cough, hack..

I just came back from an 8 mile run. My longest since rejoining the running world. I'm sure my surgeon would yell at me if she found out. So don't tell her.

I ran the first three miles hard. Well, hard for me right now. I was rather happy with the first three miles.
1-7:57
2-7:46
3:8:34
Not bad. Not great, but not bad. It seems that my cross-training is paying off. My lungs felt great, my legs just forgot how to turn over. After my first three miles were over I started hacking up a lung. This cold I've had is just holding on. My poor son, Ayden, was the first one of us to get sick. That was almost 4 weeks ago and he is still hacking. So I know I have a few more weeks before this coughing up a lung is over.

I muddled through my next 5 miles wishing I had a friend to run with. I hate running alone. I'm so spoiled. Oh, you misheard me. Being spoiled is a good thing. I like it.

Last night I had dinner with my old running buddy. I made whole wheat pizza's with red and orange peppers and olives. It was my first attempt at a whole wheat crust. It didn't suck. Then for dessert we had a chocolate pumpkin roll that I have modified so that it doesn't have so much sugar. Tasty.

On the weight loss side of things. I suck at it. I think I'm going to throw my scale out the window. I'm 144-147 pounds. Yet, my clothes fit a little loser. I know I have gain a lot of muscle. I just think about how much easier it would be to run without so much weight. My running buddy has lost seven pounds and is now running 7:30's for six miles. She was running 8:00-8:10's for 6 miles. So there must be something to that. I know, can you say I obess a bit too much? All in good time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment