Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hills oh hills, how do I love thee, let me count the ways

I love hill repeats. No you read that right. I love hill repeats. They hurt but they are over quickly. Today at 5 am my friend joined me in running hill repeats. We are starting slow. Only four. We ran 1 1/2 miles from my house to my favorite hill. Once there we picked half way up this hill. The hill is .43 long. First attempt 1:48 for .20 mile of hill. Not bad, but it hurt. Lung butter for a little bit. 60 second rest and we hit it again. 1:57. Not bad. More lung butter. Check the clock. Crap we don't have time to do more of the longer repeats. So we agree to do two more only on the really steep part of the hill. Which is only 395 feet of up hill, butt toning repeat. First one :41, second one :38. Now that felt too easy. Then we jog back the 1 1/2 miles back to my house. Where I forced my friend to strech. She hates it, but it's good for her. So I make her do it. I'm such a good friend.

Next week we home to make all four long ones and two short ones. Oh, yeah. I do love my hills.

After the my run I came home showered quickly and went about getting all the kids feed and the girls to school (which they hate because they say it's boring) Drop boys off at my mom's for 1 1/2 hours of playing with grandma while I go play more. That's right I played some more. I did the House of Pain. Here was my workout for today:
set's were 21-15-9 = 1 set


1 set turkish get-ups with 8lbs each side 2 set's dips on ball 2 set's push ups 1 rep of 21 kick backs with 15lbs and two handstands with push-ups. Nice! I heart my House of Pain workouts.
 
Grab boys from mom's go to grocery store quickly. Go to school and pick girls up from school. Feed kids, put Zander down for a nap. Work on computer and then clean. So I guess I should get back to cleaning, huh? Do I have to? Yep, must clean can't stand the mess any more. Laugh and run on, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment