Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Step away from the vodka...

I need to make a shirt that says...

Quick Mom needs her Vodka and Kettle Chips to calm her down! 
(BTW, I love vodka! especially absolut) 




Today was one of those days where I was trying to get work done and well, the kids are fighting. Most likely because they just want my attention. I thought working from home meant you get to play with your kids more? Boy was I wrong. 


Well Saturday I did get my 20 miler. My husband gave me a great piece of advice, "In a month, you won't remember how horrible this run was but you will reap the benefits of it in a month. Just get it done." I held onto that as mile 18 turned to a 9: 22 pace and mile 19 was a sad 9:45. Having said that it was 20 miles at 8:55 pace, not fast but not bad since I have not been longing long runs lately. 


Sunday I jogged out a 6.44 miler with 3 of them with a friend chatting. Yesterday I enjoyed a 3 miler with two friends and my two boys in the stroller and then a short 3 miler of negative splits with another friend. 


I notice that I run with my friends, a lot. I like to run with them, it's a great way to catch up on how they are doing and long my miles at the same time. That being said, I also enjoy solo runs once in a while. What about you do you like to run solo or run with friends? 


On the work front, check out the cute new hair-do's I've come up with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment