Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm running the Vancouver USA Marathon

I present to you the Vancouver Marathon:




Here's what Energy Events has to say about the Vancouver Marathon:

Go Here to Read what they have to say.



That all sounds like fun. So much so, that I'm going to do it. I'm going to jump on the marathon bandwagon. That's right I'm going to run the Vancouver Marathon. The inaugural Vancouver Marathon. When I say this I picture myself as an 82-year-old grandma running it for the 50th time and saying, "I remember running this the first year. Why, I ... (enter daydream about me BQ on my first marathon)." Sounds way cooler when you think about telling your grandkids you ran THE inaugural Vancouver Marathon, huh.



Since I have a whole year to train for it, I'll be posting about my training journey. I hope you laugh right along with me. Let's see how my marriage and kids hold up to all the long training runs. Let's see if my running partners can stand those long training runs with me. (Heck I can barely stand myself on a run, how will they?) Please come and give me pointers, laugh with and at me, run with me, read my crazy training schedule and workouts. Watch me become a circus act and juggle all the bizare things I get myself into.





While you are out logging your miles keep a sharp eye out for runners with the shirts that say: "I am training for the Vancouver USA Marathon!"



Get in on the $69 early bird special - it kicks up to $85 on the 20th of June!

Go here to register. Or to save on-line fees, fill it out and print it here to mail in.



Laugh and run on, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment