Saturday, June 19, 2010

My training for the marathon will include...


I have one whole year to get in shape for my very first marathon. I will be using the First program, for a few reasons:









1. Whenever I run more than 35 miles a week I get injured.

2. I need to cross train to keep from being injured.

3. A friend who has completed 17 marathons, who also can't run over 35 miles/week without injury, recommended I try this program.

4. I think I would get really bored with just running to get in shape. I know that sounds strange, but it's not if you know me. I'm finicky. I like to keep things interesting because I bore easily. (Hush, husband! I know, I know.)



5. I want to be agressive in my training because it fits my personality.

6. I enjoy cross training.









So I am going to try to swim twice a week, run three (quality) times a week, bike once a week, and lift weights twice a week. To keep things interesting I will throw a few races in to keep me on track, but use them as training runs.



July 4th I will be running the Foot Traffic Half with friends Christina, Lynn (She's doing the full... you Rock!), Morgan, and Laura.

July 25 I will run my first triathlon. The girlfriends and Dude's tri with my firends Jami, Amy, Andrew, and Larissa.

August 7th is SkirtChaser in Vancouver. I'm helping Fit Right and SkirtSports with this race and need lots of volunteers. Post a note if you can help.

August 27-28 is Hood to Coast. Running with hubby and a whole host of friends. This will be hubby's first time running it and my second time.


October 17 is Girlfriends Half Marathon. One of my favorite's because it was my first race half.

Nov I always do the Clark County Turkey Trot.

This is what I have for now. I know it will grow, but that only depends on my pocket book. Races are expensive. So what do you have in store for this year?

1 comment:

  1. My family and I are doing the Girlfriends and Dudes Triathlon. I went crazy one night and signed us all up. It is the first time for all of us. My 8 year old and 7 year old daughters are also signed up. My toddler has even been training on his tricycle. I look forward to participating with you.

    ReplyDelete