Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why?

Why do people feel the need to say the following?

1. We've been married for 5 years but we've been together for 10 years.
(Being married and living together are two different things. Why not just be proud that you have been married for 5 years? Because you should be, I'm proud of anyone who is married for 1, 2, 11, 16 years. Good on you!)

2. I have two kids, they live with their mom and I have them everyother weekend.
(No you are a babysitter, not a parent. A parent is there everyday. You babysit every other weekend. Sorry this one is fueled by my brother saying he's a dad. Yet never makes an effort to BE a dad or have his kids.)

3. I could never run more than 2 miles. It's too hard.
(No, you could. Everyone 'could' run 2,5,10, or 20 miles if they trained for it. Don't underestimate your self.)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I admit to #1. We'll celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary this Nov, but this month we've been together for 12 years. I think I say it because sometimes it feels like we kind of got screwed out of those extra 7 or so years just because we weren't married. Who knows, but anyway you dice it, it can be hard and awesome to be with the same person for 12 years.

    I like the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I never thought of it like that.

    ReplyDelete