Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On a leash....

Tonight was track practice, which has to be my favorite type of running. I love 100's, 200's, 300's, and even 400's. Heck right now I'm dying to do 800's and 1200's. Warm up, dynamic drills, sprints, cool down. I love it. Or as my little Lexi says, "I fell in love with it." Since I am trying to be good (heavy emphasis on trying) I did not do the 200's tonight. I even dragged my poor Ayden to the track with me to keep me from running.

Ayden, who is 3 years old, loved being out with just mom. Add in some rain and running and I don't think he stopped smiling the whole time. I must thank the coach for letting me take the little guy tonight. He was loud with his hysterical laughing when I would pick him up and run with him in my arms. It reminded me of how I feel when I run down hills. Pure joy and laughter. I think I even throw my head back and giggle a little.

I know that I looked like a dog tied to the fence who would wag her tail every time my track mates would go by. Oh, I want off my leash so bad. I know it's a good thing for me right now, it's keeping me safe, but man is my energy level through the roof right now. Untie this dog and let her run.

This morning I got up early to spin on the bike for 30 mins, I managed to squeeze out an easy 11 miles. It felt nice, but not the same as a run. I then did my Pilates mat, still not the same as a good old fashioned run. I'll give myself another week on this leash, then baby I'm going to chew it off and run free.

1 comment:

  1. I am writing a feature article about running with a stroller for the New York Times. I would like to interview you based on comment you left on Running Skirts blog. My deadline is soon so I hope to hear from you on Friday, 9/18. Please email me at bowenshea at gmail dot com

    I live in Portland, BTW. Practically neighbors!

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete